It’s been quite a while since I’ve written a favorites list, so I thought, why not write one now? (If only this simple motivator was as easy for everything else I do)
1. Banners: As seen in my previous post, I have been loving banners. Nothing says “Well done champ!” or “Hillary get job” better than a triangular banner hung from a ceiling. Part of my daily routine involves some good blog browsing (usually lifestyle blogs), and I was inspired by this post from “Gnomie in the Capitol City.” If you’re ever looking for something a little more creative, I would suggest doing this as a small project for a celebration party. Or, if you’re like me, doing it as a “just because” project is, in my opinion, the best kind. If you want more paper good ideas, visit Etsy.com .
2. Red jeans: (Or as I like to call them, “hot pants.” As many of my friends know, I am a lover of jeans. (JUST jeans. This does not extend to jean vests or jackets). Oddly enough, the first thing I look for in a store is jeans, and finding a good pair is pretty difficult. I have come to the conclusion that ever girl should own a pair of hot pants. They certainly don’t need to be red. They can be mustard yellow, royal blue, turquoise, ect. They are visually pleasing and a great addition to the palette. I have been on the lookout for colored pants for a long time now, and I finally found a pair. If you’re freaked out by bold colors, here is an example of a common pedestrian in London sporting an orange pair of skinny corduroys. Doesn’t she look great? OR, here is a commercial that is true eye candy (and the music is mesmerizing).
3. Soy milk: Now don’t judge, but soy milk actually tastes really good. My friend Ryan has been drinking vanilla soy milk for about a year now, and I’ve enjoyed having a glass here and there whenever I am over. Now that I’m living with my sister for the summer (and sharing her kitchen), we have been drinking soy milk like nobody’s business. Now, I’m also a 1% milk drinker, but I would recommend (if you haven’t already!) that you stop by the grocery store and try some. I have been drinking Trader Joes organic soy milk (the green label)
4. Mocha Coconut Light Frappe: If you’re looking for a new summer drink at Starbucks, I would recommend this whole heartedly. It’s refreshing, and low in calories! (Plus, its really satisfying to say out loud). For those of you who are unfamiliar, this drink was just reintroduced after several years of retirement. But then again, if you don’t like coconut, then I would advise that you order any of the light frappes they have to offer. For a little more read up on what you might be drinking, check it out. (included with another eye candy photo)
5. Summer reads: It’s my goal this summer to do a lot more reading, and I have started with “Travels with Charley” by John Steinbeck. Its not a big read, so it can be finished in a few days (I’m just prolonging the process). For those of you unfamiliar, the story follows writer John Steinbeck and his road trip with his french poodle across the U.S in the 1960s. I’m looking to write a book review in a post when I finish. But in the mean time, I hope you can squeeze in some time to read a book of your own.
Well, I’m off to eat breakfast … at 1:30 in the afternoon. Got to love lazy Saturday afternoons.