As usual, there are a few things that I am loving this holiday season (can you believe it’s already December?) And while I am bundling up for class and enjoying continuous cups of hot apple cider, I can’t help but imagine myself lounging at home and enjoying the many blessings that come with Christmas break. But let me begin.
1. Oregon Chai Tea – This is the perfect beverage if you are tired of making a trip to Starbucks for their infamous Gingerbread latte. Each serving contains a sweet and spicy blend of black tea, honey, vanilla bean and other spices. The best part? All of their products contain organic and natural ingredients. In case you were wondering, Oregon Chai was established in 1991 and has since strived “to remain true to our Oregonian roots while serving up Me Time wherever, whenever we can.” You can pick up any of their products at your local grocery store. And don’t worry, you can even order online! My personal favorite is their original chai (the purple box).
2. Floral patterns – I cannot get enough of floral patterns these days. I don’t just mean clothing. I recently purchased a floral patterned wallet (I was in desperate need of a new one!) and I absolutely love it. And to be perfectly honest, I’ve collected way too many floral dresses this season. Hopefully a few years down the road, I won’t regret this fashion decision.
3. Flip Top gloves – I recently purchased a pair of flip top gloves, or as some like to call “fingerless gloves.” This ingenious design allows you to work with your fingers but also provides a pullover option during those particularly cold evenings. They have really come in handy this winter. If you don’t have a pair, I’d recommend you’d check them out. You can purchase them at almost any store, but Target has some great ones in stock for a low price.
4. Leather bound notebooks – You may already have a journal (heck, I have quite a few) but on a recent Etsy.com visit, I saw a few that I absolutely love. I’m partial to journals that have grid lines (You can doodle so much better with a grid) but rest assured, there are plenty of styles to choose from. I actually own this one, in case you were curious. My inspiration for writing has waned a little these past few months, but it has proved a useful tool for jotting down notes, ideas and the occasional inspirational quote.
5. Carpenters Christmas album – My list would not be complete without one music recommendation. Thanksgiving is officially over and Christmas music is now acceptable to play anywhere and everywhere. Last year, I managed to collect all of my family’s Christmas albums and load them onto my computer. I have a few favorites, but this particular album has been at the top of my playlist this season. Its a duel disc, meaning twice the goodness. The collection was released in 1978 and showcases the Carpenter’s “famed harmony.” The album includes songs such as “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” “O Holy Night,” “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” and a slew of other Christmas classics. I’m sure you already have your favorite holiday album, but I recommend that you check this one out too. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
I hope you’re enjoying the many blessings this holiday season. I only have three more weeks left until break – it’s a sprint to the end.
All in a day’s work.