The higher you reach, the further the sky.
1. My first time behind the wheel in West Virginia was a scary one. I only drove for two minutes, and I managed to honk at someone and get honked at myself. I stepped out of the vehicle with sweaty palms. All I wanted was a snack wrap for lunch – not an accident.
2. I consumed an “Iced double shot” at Starbucks on Saturday. This is important to note, because D.C. never knew how to make the drink properly. Let me tell you, Indiana does it right. Also, the $50 Starbucks card I received by participating in a focus group on social security has come in handy.
3. I am still watching a lot of Bones, but I also started a new book. I am really excited about this one too. But I’m discovering that I start and stop things rather frequently, and I’ve decided it may be time to work on this. Or not.
4. I’ve talked to a lot of people since I’ve been home, and I really don’t enjoy it. I hid in my room all afternoon yesterday to recover. So I’ve been rather invisible to friends. I think it’s working.
5. I’ve been listening to an incredible playlist upon my return. I’m telling you, it’s the best I’ve come across.
6. I’m feeling restless. And I won’t be here for long. I’ll be flying out west on Friday for a nice, long trip. A little getaway for my birthday, but more importantly, it’s an opportunity to rest, be creative and gear up for what lies ahead.
7. My friend Jurgen and I are launching a new blog this afternoon. I am really excited about it because Jurgen is an incredibly talented writer. I can’t wait to see what he has up his sleeve and how this blog will reflect our creative juices. You can tune in here.
8. I miss D.C. but that’s a given.